CONSUMER INSIGHT: Freelance makeup artists can go to school to study artistry, but most never learn how to run a successful business. And, as every entrepreneur knows, relying on “school of life” costs time and money.
THE CHALLENGE: Convince the pro community to invest in their careers when their income had mostly vanished. Blushington, a popular chain of brick & mortar makeup boutiques, faced a 100% drop in revenue when COVID-19 closed its stores. Pivoting from service to education, Blushington Academy launched as a first-of-its-kind business school for makeup artists.
- 6,000% increase in email database growth of qualified makeup artist targets for $1,000 course when utilizing IG/FB lead ads
- Lead funnel moves targets from awareness, to conversion with enhanced messaging around Klarna payment terms and special offers
- IG/FB Lead Ad program used as workaround from cumbersome website user experience
- 366% increase in profile visits
- 160% increase in website taps
- Launched remote filmed testimonial video series with graduates
- Video content adapted for Website, Youtube, organic and paid social media